Resume

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Little Word



Good afternoon!  I've been enjoying the past couple of weeks off, for sure.  Today is the hubs' first day back to work, and my first day back to watching another toddler, but at least the kids don't go back to school just yet.  I've been giving a lot of thought to my "resolutions" for the New Year.  Since I turned 30 a couple of months ago, I've been thinking more about how to get this body of mine to last as long as I can, and my love affair with processed sugar and carbs isn't doing me any favors, that's for sure.  I want to feel better--healthier, more mentally clear, more energy and less badonkadonk when I run.  But, I also want to work on improving my patience, my temper, my role as a wife and mommy.....and so my One Little Word for 2013 is PURE.  The first word that came to me was "clean", but since I meant it more as an adjective rather than a verb, I was afraid that making it my word for the year would be a constant source of disappointment--I didn't want to have to feel like I was always "clean-ing"....more like I wanted to be clean.  So, my word is pure.  Pure in what I put in my body and pure in what I say or do.  I like the One Little Word concept, because it's a New Year's resolution that I can't fail at---as long as I'm working on incorporating new ways to be, think, and eat pure, I'll consider it a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment