Resume

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Guest blogging at Scrapbook Steals!

Good morning!  I have some awesome news-I'm guest blogging at Scrapbook Steals this morning!  To head over there, click HERE, and you will see my post with lots of fun ideas about how to use today's super cute "steal": American Crafts Summertime Ribbon!  Then, come back here to enter my drawing for the card and ribbon clippies featured in the posting!

For those who are not familiar with Scrapbook Steals:  it is a fantastic deal-of-the-day site that features designer scrapbooking supplies, some even brand new releases, at a huge discount (hence the "steal") at 9am and 9pm MST.  You have to be fast, because they often sell out quickly!  There are also awesome card and layout sketch challenges, and seriously the most sweet, sincere ladies you could ever "meet" for friendship and inspiration.  Can you tell how much I love it?

So, Kristy, the Mojo Mama, sent me a *TON* of ribbon to work with for this posting.  Seriously.  If you buy the steal today, you will *not* be disappointed.  You could make about fifty bajillion super cute ribbon clips with this steal.  I love how American Crafts expertly matches the colors and patterns of the ribbons to make putting them together a breeze.  A Summer breeze, in fact. (amiright? ;)  Here are some quickie teasers of my projects:



Another feature I enjoyed about this ribbon is that the color palette is perfectly suited to just about any summer collection you already own.  If I can buy a product that allows me to use the alarming amount of paper I already have, that's a definite plus in my book.  For my featured projects I used Echo Park's Summer Days collection, and it matched splendidly.

Be sure to head over to the blog to check out the rest of the pictures of the projects, and a special How To'sday tutorial on ribbon-lined hair clips.  And did I mention a giveaway?  Indeed, I did!
If you would like to win this card, featuring 5 clippies made with the Summertime Ribbon, you will have two chances to win.  1.) Just leave a comment on this post.  Piece of cake, right? Then, for an extra credit bonus entry, follow my blog and leave a separate comment on this post telling me you have done so.  Awesome!

Thanks so much for visiting; be sure to stop by Scrapbook Steals and say hi!

~Jen

10 comments:

  1. I, really, love the wreath you made! (I've, already, emailed SS, to try & get instructions.) Any chance, you would share how you made it? :) Thanks~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much, Kristin! I will get another blog post together this week with a How-to on it. You might actually laugh when you read it since it was such a crazy, squished, wonky, hot mess of a wreath to assemble. :)

      Delete
  2. Jen~
    So, glad, to have found your blog. (And, not, just, for the give-away.) Your comment about 'crafting five minutes at a time', struck home, as I feel, like, I am never getting any crafting done bc I think, '"I, only, have 5-10minutes. It's not worth it." Now, I can look at those minutes, as useable crafting time. (Though, I doubt, I'll be able to do your level of projects, in little time chunks.) Thanks, for giving me a new perspective. ~Kristin(your, new follower)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that really is so sweet of you! It's always worth it to get a couple of minutes for *you*, you deserve it! I've given up trying to complete projects in one sitting, and try to look at it as chipping away a little bit at at time. Thanks for following, and welcome!! :)

      Delete
  3. Jen, your ideas for using the AC ribbon steal today are fabulous! I love the teacher gift idea and may have to steal it from you and Julie! And how easy to pretty-up some wine glasses? Duh, why didn't I think of that? :) Looking forward to your tutorial on the wreath, as I've been wantting to try making a wreath of my own sometime! And of course my daughter would love the cute clippies! Fabulous work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I of course am already a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE ideas! I just couldn't pass up those bright ribbons...your projects were the kicker. I kept closing out of the sale, but then I would go back and look the projects...sigh...had to buy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE ideas!!! I kept closing out of the steal because I really don't need any more ribbon...but I kept being drawn to your projects and I just had to go for it!....sigh ;) Thanks for the fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously loved all you cute projects! They are all so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am loving that wreath! i love all that you made! gave me some awesome ribbon ideas!

    ReplyDelete