Resume

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

lawnscaping challenge #30: Inspiration

I love the theme of this Lawnscaping challenge.  It seems like there are endless places to find inspiration for cards lately, especially Pinterest.  I seem to be drawn to rainbows lately; maybe it's because Spring is finally here and nature is starting to explode into color again.  I have decided that I definitely want a neon rainbow cake for my birthday (with a unicorn topper?) and this rainbow card by Laura Bassen totally makes me swoon.  Do you *see* that awesome gradient?!  I've had an idea swimming around about how to use the fun magic wand and wee little star stamps from Lawn Fawn's Critters Ever After set, so this gave me a perfect chance to try it out.
I don't know if it's because I am a child of the 80's, (and a Harry Potter fan), but I love everything about the Critters Ever After set.  Love, love, LOVE.  Can't wait to use it some more.

12 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! This is awesome. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love how you used the wand and stars. I, too, am a huge harry Potter fan, lol! This is fantastic! I love it! I am so glad you played along with us at Lawnscaping!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel!! Have you noticed that the griffin from the set looks kind of like Buckbeak the hippogriff? I need to use it in a HP-themed card! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!!! You rocked those little stars girlfriend!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love it! (now I *definitely* need that stamp set!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a cool card! I love it! It must have taken you forever to stamp and color all those stars, but it was worth it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love your card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I think you just sold me on the Critters Ever After Set. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVEEEE your fabulous trail of colorful stars! So Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this card is beautiful. I didn't covet Critters Ever After til right now!

    ReplyDelete