Resume

Monday, October 15, 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge: A New Technique




Good morning, all! I am super excited to be one of the guest designers over at Lawnscaping for this challenge; A New Technique. I have been blessed enough to have been able to fly to SLC this weekend and attend the ScrapbookSteals retreat (more on that later!), so I borrowed an embossing machine, one of our awesome new embossing folders, and tried my hand at dry embossing! I have to say, I think I love the way it came out, and I'll definitely be embossing again soon!! (guess I need an official embossing machine to go with all of my folders now ;))

Thank you so much to the Lawnscaping team for letting me guest for this challenge--it was truly an honor to be among such talent!!  Go check out the rest of the design team's inspiration!

13 comments:

  1. It looks great! You definitely "need" an embossing folder. I use mine a lot. It was so great to meet you in SLC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, too, fellow shortie--we certainly laughed a lot! And thanks for the enabling-I'll be hitting up Michaels with a coupon this week!!

      Delete
  2. You picked an awesome embossing folder to try out! It makes me want to go put on a great big nubbly sweater.

    Is nubbly even a word? My spellchecker certainly doesn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rock on with your word-making! In fact, I'll use "nubbly" today...maybe it'll become a thing. ;) I feel silly--when I originally used the folder, I thought it looked like bamboo, which I thought would go well with the koala (i know, that's ridiculous logic right there--koalas eat eucalyptus leaves) Anyway, in looking up the name of the folder, I see that it's called "woven"...as in woven fabric--like a SWEATER. So you totally hit the nail on the head!! This card is definitely nubbly. And I'm so glad you liked it, and have sat through my long rambles. :)

      Delete
  3. I love how it turned out! (PS I spy hotel curtains. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Thanks. Ya gotta work with what ya got on hand. ;)

      Delete
  4. So cute! I've never seen that pattern in an embossing folder before, I love it! Adorable koala too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! That embossed pattern is fantastic and I have never seen it before. Loving the koala bear and tree! This is great! I am so glad you guested with us for this challenge!!!!!

    PS. I have the cuttlebug for my embossing machine and love it. It is smaller, light weight and cheap (and I got mine off of Ebay). LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel; it was my pleasure! I will definitely check out ebay, I don't know why I hadn't thought of that! I have a Cameo already, so I definitely want to go the cheapest embossing route.

      Delete
  6. Hi there. This is my first time visiting your blog; I came via the Lawnscaping challenge. I *must* know where you got that awesome embossing folder and what it is called!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Mollie! Isn't that folder cute? It's "woven" by Lifestyle Crafts, and I got it from Scrapbook Steals. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. what a cute card. love that embossed background

    ReplyDelete