Resume

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Paper Smooches rocks!

So, I've recently discovered Paper Smooches stamps, and I think I may be developing an addiction.  As I've mentioned before, I'm kindove (really) picky when it comes to stamps.  I need just the right mix of whimsy and cuteness (but not cute-sy)and wit, and a fun typeface---that's not too much to ask, right?  Well, Paper Smooches meets all of these requirements, and they stamp up beautifully too.  I think I need them *all*.  And, since I love challenges, I love that they have a challenge blog to help inspire me to create awesome cards and layouts.  And you don't even have to own any PS of your own to participate.  Kim Hughes, creator of Paper Smooches, has been kind enough to provide a ton of very cute free digi images found here.   Can it get any better?  I think not.  (Unless you win the challenge.  In which case, it *does* get better--in the form of sweet free stamps!)  I was so excited to use the Space Cadet set on a layout of the boys!  With three boys in the house, I will definitely be able to incorporate it into my scrapbooking.  And I already have plans to use some of the images to make cupcake holders for my son's birthday party in December.

  Here are some of my recent projects based off of their challenge blog inspiration photos.  I think my favorites are the layout and the "s'up girlfriend" card!



 On this one, I got out a paintbrush, and used my Mister Huey's to paint the "ketchup".  It was so. much. fun.




Thanks so much for taking a peek!  *smooches* :)

8 comments:

  1. I haven't purchased any of these yet but I have a wish list a mile long! I totally love all the creative things you've done with them and I think the falling beaker is simply brilliant! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ketchup ant and exploding beaker are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ketchup ant is sheer genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Smack, Jen! These cards are fantastic! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ketchup card!! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bow to your craftiness! Incredible ideas and execution! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bow to your craftiness! Incredible ideas and execution! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards and layout are so cute! I've wanted to try Paper Smooches sometime and I might have to soon! You made all of them look so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fave fave fave is the Ketchup one. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete