Resume

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sweet Stamp Shop Guest Design Day

Gooooooood morning!  I'm so looking forward to some awesome actual-spring-like weather today (being as it's April 25th, and all....I think it's about time)  We woke up with a blanket of snow on our green grass yesterday, which melted when it warmed up to like, 70.  This month's weather is like an event in the Mom Olympics--"try to dress your kid appropriately for the weather, even though the temperature will fluctuate by 40 degrees today.  Aaaaaand, go!"  Anyway, I'm also super excited today to be spotlighting some new projects I made with Sweet Stamp Shop's April release, Drops Background.  It's a really versatile set, and I had lots of fun playing around with it.  And, there's also a video at the end of the post, so be sure to check that out too.  ;)

First off, I had an opportunity recently to celebrate some really great teens at our church, so I put together a little treat box/tag using my Silhouette, and added their favorites.  I stamped the drops background in Versamark to give a subtle bubbly effect, and added these AWWWWWESOME gold glitter Thickers.  Seriously, chunky gold glitter has gone from tacky to fabulous again, and I'm loving it.   


For this card, I used the arrows from the Kiss Me set to add a fun patterned background using Versamark, and used the cascading hearts from the Drops set.  I stamped the hearts using Calypso Coral ink from Stampin' Up, and as a first time SU user, I am in LOVE.  The hearts stamped out so evenly and perfectly, and I think I have a new favorite ink.  And there are those awesome gold glitter Thickers again.  
You may have seen this card yesterday on the Sweet blog for release day.  I just couldn't help myself--the drops make great bubbles. ;)
And, I'm going to finish off my lovely guest design day with a video, demonstrating how to create your own tie-dye baker's twine, with the finished product being a gift box/tag that features the Chalkboard sign set.  It's a great time of year to add a funky bright touch to all of your little crafty projects/packaging.


As always, thank you times a million to Nicole for allowing me to work with her and her super fun stamps again this month.  You are seriously the sweetest, and are totally spoiling me, Nicole--and I love every minute! ;)  And thanks to you for checking out my projects!  I hope you've been inspired to create something fabulous.  



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! Seriously, this is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your videos! They are always so clear and you have such clever ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with those gold glitter thickers jumping off your adorable projects!

    ReplyDelete